- "Bush-Quail '06," -- Democratic strategist Jenny Backus.
- "The CIA assured Cheney that Harry Whittington was actually a pheasant," -- Democratic speechwriter Jeff Nussbaum.
- "The worst part is, he was aiming at the special prosecutor," -- John Kerry spokesman David Wade.
- "Cheney's got a Gun" -- Democratic Staffers on Capitol Hill, song parody to Aerosmith's "Janie's Got a Gun."
- "[Dick Cheney is] somebody who is going to shoot straight with the American people." - George Bush, 2000 interview, Houston Chronicle.
"ChappaquidDICK Cheney" -- referring to the delay in going public with the shooting. Ted Kennedy waited eight hours after the fatal car wreck he was involved in. The VP's office waited around 20 hours after the shooting.
Meanwhile, the late shows sent their writers home early -- because this stuff writes itself.
Here's the Daily Show (courtesy Crooks & Liars) take on "Dead-Eye Dick."
Check out Crooks and Liars for more funnies featuring the Veep. (WashPost)