1. 'I'm the Decider.' 'I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense.' April 18, in response to a question from CNN's Ed Henry.
2. 'I use The Google,' in reference to the popular search engine. October 24th. Interview with Maria Bartiromo of CNBC.
3. 'It was not always certain that the U.S. and America would have a close relationship.' June 29.
4. 'I've got an ek-a-lec-tic reading list.' August 29 interview with NBC's Brian Williams.
5. 'The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done.' Nov. 24 (Greely, Colo.)
6. 'Stay the course.' On numerous occasions.
7. 'When the final history is written on Iraq, it will look just like a comma.' Sept. 24. Interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.
8. 'The Congress was right to renew the Terrorist Act.' In reference to the Patriot Act. Sept. 7 (Washington)
9. 'I want to be a war president; no president wants to be a war president.' Oct. 26. (Des Moines)
10. 'The fiscal year that ended on February the 30th.' The government fiscal year ends Sept. 30; Oct. 11 (Washington)"
Monday, January 08, 2007
Top Ten Bushisms as determined by word geeks aided by the Global Language Monitor: