Thursday, May 29, 2008

Convention Fun-draising

A good time at the political conventions this summer comes with a price. A really good time can run you a half million bucks. From the AP:

"Want a skybox perch to see John McCain speak at the Republican National Convention, passes to hot GOP parties that week, pampering from the concierge and private wheels to tool around town?

Want a chance to mingle with celebrities like Warren Beatty and Al Franken at the Democratic National Convention, and maybe even get face time with Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton?"

Both national committees are collecting big bucks in exchange for VIP treatment at their big summer parties. The top package for the GOP will run you $500,000, the DNC, about $250,000. (AP)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tex
Just the litlle I have read your blog so far, I like what I see, I have to ask have you ever felt like you had the opportunity to vote for the best man in a presidential election? I do not believe I have, I feel that instead I voted for the least of the 2 evils, this election is no different.