Monday, March 10, 2008

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring

A federal wiretap is reported to have linked Governor Elliot Spitzer (D-NY) to a prostitution ring.

The New York Times reports Mr. Spitzer was recorded in a telephone call confirming plans for a woman to travel from New York to Washington, DC where he'd reserved a hotel room.

“I have acted in a way that violates my obligation to my family and violates my or any sense of right or wrong. I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better.” -- Gov Elliot Spitzer (D-NY) with his wife Silda beside him at his Manhattan office, March 10, 2008
The Governor held a brief news conference where he apologized for his behavior, described it as a private matter and refused to take any questions.

There is no word on whether he plans to resign at this point. (NYT)

No comments: