Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Michael and Me

If any of you have any pull with the Motion Picture Academy, I'm looking for a Best Supporting Actor nomination.

A friend of mine found a snippet of one of my television reports featured in Farahenheit 911.

It's a Washington Watchdog report from 2001 included in a montage of news reports showing how we in the media strike fear into the hearts of Americans. I'm such a fear monger.

Michael Moore used a whole SEVEN SECONDS of the report! I tend to grate on people's nerves beyond that I guess. The upside to that is -- as my college English professor Terrell Tebbets pointed out -- I still have 14 minutes, 53 seconds of fame left.

I remember seeing it, but didn't recognize my voice at the time. It was a story about what the Agriculture Department was doing about terrorists targeting feed lots. Spreading Mad Cow Disease or anthrax around them could disrupt the food supply. At the time, I thought -- "That sounds like something I'd write!"

I should have been listening to the movie instead of mooing at the cows on the screen.

My old company -- not I -- got the credit in the credits. That'd be CONUS Communications.

I'll be signing autographs later. And if you want one, don't be afraid to ask. I won't forget the little people!

14:53 and counting down.

No comments: